Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Olives for Me!

Isn't this the cutest? One of MB's favorite treats is OLIVES of all things! He really loves them. He wanted green olives with his breakfast and later black olives for a snack. He requests them by name. I'm not sure why he loves them so much. I like them, too, but not for breakfast. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I need to try to find ways for the kids to get exercise when the weather is yucky outside, especially since Winter is at our doorstep. There are things to do like going to storytimes at the library, but those things aren't the same as running and playing outside. It seems hard to find outdoors things to do in the cold weather with little kids. I'm trying to remember if I played on my swing set when it was cold outside when I was a kid. I think that I did sometimes, but it didn't get as cold down South as it does here. I'm not complaining, though. Really..the Winters are beautiful here when it snows.

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

That is ADORABLE! As long as he doesn't start requesting a martini with his green ones...you shouldn't have to worry too much :)

Metal Mark said...

Lately he has been making me take the pimentos out of the green ones so he can have them on his fingers befor he eats them.

Linda said...

Sophia does the same thing with her olives!!!

As far as the excercise goes, kids should be able to go outside even if it is cold. Sophia's preschool goes out most days, unless it is raining or snowing. I think it is policy in some schools that they must go out unless it is less than 40 degrees. Fresh air is always good for kids (and for mommy's too).

I think if kids are inside too much they get sick more. I believe in opening windows for a little while even in the winter. It gets out all of the stagnant air and germs in the house.