Wednesday, November 07, 2007

What Really Matters

Today I took action against my negative thoughts and worries and took the kids to the park to play even though I didn't feel like it. It was cool outside and MB is still getting over his cold. He was all action today, though, so he must be feeling better! I'm Mrs. Mopey Worrywart much of the time and THAT MUST CHANGE. Anyway, I took the kids to the park, and they were so happy. I could tell that the fresh air and play made them feel better and act better. I felt better, too. :)

I have to realize that my main priority is helping my kids to have happy lives. That's really truly one of the most important things to me. I think that getting them to play and taking them to places that they can play with other kids or do fun activities is extremely important. I've been mopey and have not been going out much, but I think that I need to do it no matter how I feel. It's bound to make me feel better anyway. I also want to have a more positive attitude. There's no good in worry or negativity and it rubs off on the kids in a hurtful way. I know because my mom was a negative and depressed person. I know the effect that it can have on children.

Taking action to help the kids...I can do that. :) Tomorrow I plan to take MB to a story time program at the library while MG is in her preschool class. This is much more meaningful than wasting money on shopping, and it's free!

1 comment:

HLiza said...

That's good! I bought badminton rackets and shuttlecocks yesterday so that the kids can learn how to play. I'm a bad badminton player..but I want them to have the fun!