Monday, July 30, 2007

Cheesy Loves Me

Each evening, I normally sing a few lullabies and songs to get MB to go to sleep. I usually let him sit on the sofa with me with his blankets while I do this. I started singing "Jesus Loves Me" and he excitedly rolled off the couch and hit the floor running. He ran all the way into the kitchen and yelled "Cheesy! Cheesy! Cheesy!" while pointing up to the cabinet where we keep the Cheetos. It's funny that he thought that I was singing about cheesies.

Speaking of eating cheesies late at night...I'm learning to take baby steps as I try to lose weight. Today I asked myself what I really want and what my minimum goal is. My minimum goal is to tighten up the floppy belly a little and lose ten pounds by October 1. I think that the kind of person I am, I have to concentrate on a small goal like that. I basically want to look and feel better before our trip to visit my family down South in October. I really got a good start on exercising today. I got up early and went walking. It really made me feel good.

The only thing that went wrong today is that I forgot to eat dinner. Sometimes it is hard to remember that when I'm trying to get the kids to eat & especially if they are being stinkers. Since I'm exercising more & working on the depression issue, it is a huge downer if I don't eat right. I really felt terrible & evil by the time Mark got home tonight. Thank goodness he knows what to do. He got the kids ready for bed and kind of took over with them. And now I get to post for the first time in days. I feel more sane after getting to do that. :)

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

I love those "misheard lyrics!" very cute!

Glad to hear you've set some achievable goals that will work for you, I'll be cheering you on from over here! I put the whole issue out of my mind last week because I was dealing with my son and just didn't care if I was fat or not, but its time to start thinking about it again.

Mark sounds like a wonderful husband. Don't forget to eat tonight young lady!

Linda said...

Eating 5 to 6 small meals a day is a good thing to do as well as write down everything that you eat. I have been eating very bad since vacation.

I have a big event coming up that I would like to loose an additional pounds for.

I have been depressed a good bit, too, so I know where you are coming from. That is one of the major reasons for my not posting in over a month.

I got new glasses this week and am getting a new haircut tonight, so maybe that will help me to feel a bit better. I hope so!