Monday, July 09, 2007

The Totally Terrible Toddler Workout

I should lose weight if I repeat this workout every day, but I would probably lose my mind as well. Here's what you do....

Take two toddlers outside on a hot day and let them loose.

Chase two toddlers down the steep hill to the garden and make sure that you catch them before they take off down the road.

Lug two toddlers over your shoulders back up the steep hill.

Put two toddlers into the sandbox to play.

Now, the two toddlers will immediately hop out of the sandbox and go running down the hill again. You may repeat the whole workout four times or more or until you get smart and put the kids into the house instead of the sandbox.

*Be sure and drink plenty of water and take deep breaths so that you don't hyperventilate or pass out. Also, don't yell too loudly while all this is going on or you will get a sore throat.

Whew....I really need to get in shape so that I can keep up with these two!

5 comments:

Bar L. said...

I think I would pass out! I couldn't do it!
But its the most rewarding kind of work out you'll ever have :)

Mike said...

We had our friend's daughter over last weekend (she's 2 and my daughter is 21 months). I know my wife (who's 6.5 months pregnant)would agree with you.

ChristyTN said...

Barbara, I thought that I was gonna pass out!! I'm glad that at least they were having fun! :)

Mike, sounds like you guys were getting some practice before baby #2 arrives! It's a little crazy sometimes keeping up with two energetic kids, but fun too!

Linda said...

I can appreciate what you are saying. Even though Nicholas does not walk yet, it is still hard to carry him around and then chase Sophia. I don't get them out as much as I should these days. Monday and Tuesday were brutal heatwise, up near a 100.

ChristyTN said...

Linda, you're right. The heat has been unbearable. It's hard to have a baby out in that. I remember it being hard keeping up with MG while lugging big ole MB around. Now it's easier not having to carry him, but sometimes they go running in two different directions & they're both FAST!