Sunday, June 10, 2007

Toe Sabotage

This morning MB turned a heavy bench over and it landed on the middle toe of my right foot! It's fractured and has turned a lovely shade of purple. I was sad thinking that my new life style was sabotaged already. I rested it all day staying off my feet as much as possible. Then I wrapped the toe in a little first aid gauze and taped it to my other toe to keep it from moving. Then I put on some really good walking shoes, and I felt fine going on a walk and later doing my exercise video. Nothing put too much pressure on my toe, so I'm relieved that it doesn't throw a monkey wrench into my efforts to lose weight. I think that I may have to start wearing steel toed boots around the house, though! Actually, I think I'll try to wear shoes as much as possible after this. Unfortunately, there's nothing to be done for a broken toe. It just has to get better on it's own. No little toe casts or anything like that. :)

2 comments:

Linda said...

Nope, nothing you can really do. I broke my big toe before and they just taped it to the next toe, although I did have to use crutches for awhile, becuase the doctor did not want me to walk on it.

ChristyTN said...

Oh, I bet that it's worse with the big toe being broken! We really use it when we walk. I've broken two other toes before the kids were born...clumsy me.