Friday, June 08, 2007

Day 3 Gonna Lose Weight

While sick, I cut down on eating because I had to. I also felt really crummy and couldn't get out to do anything, so that has inspired me to really start exercising every day and to stop overeating. Plus, I'm down to two cups of coffee a day rather than four or five. I already feel much better.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am also going to ban the scales except for weighing myself once a week. Weighing myself every day is discouraging when I don't seem to lose weight. I know that I'm doing things right, so I don't need any discouragement when I'm just getting started. Isn't this cartoon cute? I think she has the right idea.

Barbara just posted about the importance of drinking water when trying to lose weight. http://barbara007.typepad.com/ I'm glad that she wrote about this issue! It's an important issue that I hadn't really thought about till now. I'm sipping my water now! It's something that I'm going to add into my diet and exercise plan.

I think that I'll try to post to let you know what I'm doing and how it's going. That way I'll have to be more accountable. :) On Day 1 and Day 2, I really cut back on my eating and ate mostly healthy foods. I had one cup of coffee on day one and two cups on day two. I'm going for just one cup today. I also did an exercise video workout for both days. I plan to do that later today as well. It's a Richard Simmons video, and it's fun. I really feel like it's going well, and I'm trying not to overdo it right now. Then maybe I'll get to step up to walking or doing additional exercises. We'll see! I really want to keep feeling better, and I think this will help me feel better physically and mentally. Plus, I want to lose weight!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I have turned a new leaf so to speak. While I am not excercising like I should (I need to walk 3 to 4 times a week), I am eating so much better. Here are a few tips that I got from my nutritionist...

1. Barbara is right, water is sooooo important.
2. Choose lean proteins (chicken and seafood) and avoid those with a good deal of saturated fat (red meat) when you can.
3. Make sure that you get plenty of fiber in your diet. This helps a good deal.
4. When choosing certain carbs (bread and rice) make sure that they are whole grains. Whole grain breads and pasta and brown rice for starters.
5. Excercise, Excercise, Excercise.

With all that being preached, I have lost about 15 lbs in about a month. Keep in mind that you should never loose weight fast. My nutritionist only wants me to loose about a pound a week. Weight usually comes off quicker in the beginning, because you are loosing fluid.

I do with you luck. If you need to talk, let me know, I am in the same sinking ship!!!

Bar L. said...

Good for you! We can do this! I've been "doing good" for 8 days in a row. Doesn't sound like much but it's a start and I do feel better.

My problem is back pain. It's hard to get the right amount of exercise.

Keep up the good work, sweetie!!! We can inspire each other. (and thanks for the link!)

ChristyTN said...

Thanks Linda and Barbara! I'm feeling alot better too. I have lost about 3 or 4 pounds. I really have a problem getting discouraged when I do alot, but my weight stays the same! But it sounds like the weight stays off better if it comes off slowly.