Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ancient Chocolate?

The cutting back on food has made me start craving bad things. Tonight when I was going through an old purse, I found an imported chocolate that had been sitting there for a while. Normally I would have thrown it away, but I felt desperate for chocolate...so I ate it. Other than that, I've been sticking to my diet plan. I didn't do my workout today, but I will tomorrow.

I've been worried about MG. She seems to still have a touch of the stomach virus, so maybe that's part of the reason for her behavior. For the past two weeks, she has been very grumpy and behaving out of character. I'm very concerned. I'm so afraid that my problems with depression affect her. I'm really trying to work through it and improve. It could be a combination of being sick, summer break away from preschool and changes in her development. It breaks my heart that she has seemed sad lately.

I think that I would like to go to church and that would help us. I can think of all kinds of excuses not to go, and it is hard on a Sunday when that's the only day that Mark and I spend together with the kids. I grew up going to church, and learning about God and his love got me through the toughest times in my life. It also gave me friends and activities. It would especially help MG to be in a Sunday school class with other kids her age. She misses that without preschool. I need it for myself too. It's 1:00 AM! I'd better go say a little prayer and get some sleep. Thanks for listening. Writing here helps me think about what I need to do. :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Going to church is good for kids. They learn lessons from it. For Sophia, her lesson to learn each week is that there are times that she needs to be quiet (ha ha ha). It would be good for you too. It gives you some time to be reflective. I look at it as a good sacrefice.