Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It's Not That Simple!

Has this ever happened to you? I worked extra hard all week cutting back on calories and eating healthier. I also exercised every day. This is a huge change for me, so I expected to have lost some weight by now. I had my yearly exam at the doctor's office yesterday, and to my horror my weight was 10 lbs heavier than what I thought it would be! How discouraging is that? I suppose that my scales at home are off and that I should find some that are more accurate. Well, at least I feel better from having made the changes. The weight just doesn't come off as easily as it did when I was younger. This is going to be more of a challenge than I thought! And I want to lose 50 lbs! I don't want to do any drastic starvation diets, but what is it going to take? Mark says that I need to give it a couple more weeks.

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

Mark is right, DO NOT GIVE UP. The scale can be really inconsistent. Try on a pair of jeans that are too small and then try them on every other week....that works great :)

You did great this week! Don't give up whatever you do! I know it's hard, I hate it!!! But its worth it.

ChristyTN said...

Thanks Barbara! That's a good idea about trying on the jeans. I know that my clothes feel comfortable now. They had felt a little tight. And I just remembered that I had my shoes and clothes on when I weighed in at the doctor's office plus a set of keys with a heavy key chain in my pocket. That could add on a couple pounds, couldn't it? Thanks so much for cheering me on. :)

G. Shaun Jackson said...

I wouldn't even worry with a scale. If you know that the changes you are making are good for you, then it will be so. Numbers on a scale are just that- numbers!