Thursday, June 14, 2007

Flat Tire Day

Yea, that's what happened to me today. Just after grocery shopping, I brought the kids out to the car and noticed that it had a very flat tire. The first thing I thought was "Wow, I'm so glad that it didn't blow out while I was driving". Since we have decided that we don't need the extra expense of cell phones (ha-ha), I had to go back to find a pay phone to call Mark at work. I was in PA, North of the Mason Dixon Line :), so I had to feed the pay phone lots of money to make a long distance call. Since the tire had a slow leak, Mark was able to pump the tire with a bike pump and that got us home. But the fun part was waiting in the parking lot with two fussy, tired, hungry kids. We broke out the snacks and drinks that we'd just bought, plus threw a ball back and fourth. Even though I wasn't the one who had to pump up the tire, I felt totally wiped out when I got home.

The flat tire almost made me forget about the elderly man wearing a platinum blond bobbed wig that I saw walking down the street in town earlier. I couldn't help but notice the wig with a pink bow, because it was such a startling contrast to his full dark gray beard and hair. Plus, he was wearing a dark flannel plaid shirt. Then I saw him again when I came back through and the pink bow had disappeared.

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

you have ever reason to feel wiped out after that episode! glad you were safe.

you guys really should get cell phones...you can get super cheapo ones and only use in an emergency...

that man sounds like a trip!!!

G. Shaun Jackson said...

Check Wal-Mart for cell phones. Sometimes you can get those little "pay as you go" phones for as little as $14. Plus, even if you don't have any minutes, you will still be able to call for emergency help.