Monday, April 23, 2007

The Kitty Saga Continues

UPDATE*** I have wonderful news! Mark's coworker wants to adopt TWO of our kitty friends! She will be taking home Leo and Rascal. I'm so excited, although I am going to really miss them. :)

Lucy is the shyest one, but she is becoming more friendly. She is spayed and had to have her uterus removed. She seems very healthy now. She is becoming more social every day. In the sun, I see a little auburn in her fur and a few faint stripes on her tail. Her eyes are gorgeous green.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is Jasper. He is sweet and loves to have a tummy rub. He's a beautiful soft gray. He is unaltered, but I may try to get him neutered this week.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Leo is beautiful and has been adopted! He'll be going home with his new family today. :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We just found out today that Rascal will be joing his brother Leo and will be adopted today! I'm going to miss him! Rascal is the character of the bunch. He was riding in the bottom of the kids jogging stroller yesterday. He was also sitting on the birdbath as if it were a pedestal. He's sweet, and I really would like to find him a home. He loves children & is very photogenic.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You'll never guess what I did yesterday. I found out about a low cost kitty neuter/spay clinic taking place, so I packed up three cats in the only three cat carriers that we have and had them fixed. I chose the three that I THOUGHT were females, because I wanted to help them first. Well, I dropped them off and took MB to get his very first haircut. When I went back to pick the cats up, the vet laughingly told me that ONLY ONE of the cats is indeed a female! The two fuzzy ones are males, so they are likely all siblings. There's no Mommy. I really have to find a place to take the cats that we are not keeping because it's too difficult for us to handle & we are getting pressure from nearby family members who don't want them around and who have a doggy who would hurt them. I wanted to post the latest pictures. I'm so angry at whoever abandoned them. They're sweet people friendly cats.






4 comments:

Bar L. said...

Christy, you are wonderful. Not many people would go through all this effort and care so much about these kitties. If I could, I'd take Rascall...he sounds a lot like my black cat, Black Jack who is hysterically funny (even though he thinks he's cool, he's really funny).

Good luck with them

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

that's a very sweet thing to do...I know when Anubis came up to me as a tiny kitten in the parking lot of my old job and hissed at everyone except me--he then jumped on my leg and never let go--I knew I couldn't resist him, particularly since he was going to die if I didn't help him

ChristyTN said...

Barbara, I bet that Black Jack is a riot! I really would secretly like to keep Rascal. I do hope that I find him a home, but I will miss him. He is so funny. He actually runs to catch up with the stroller and hops into the basket underneath for a ride. It's the funniest thing. He's so playful.

Ray, that's so nice that you took Anubis home with you. I like to help stray animals, but I never expected 5 to show up all at once!

Bar L. said...

I still really want Rascall.

Hurray that Leo has a new home!