Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Cat Invasion


I found this odd but cute drawing online. You wouldn't believe the situation we are in with the hoard of cats that have decided to move in with us.
It all started at the beginning of last week when an adorable black and white kitten showed up on our doorstep. Actually, he followed Mark and the kids back from a walk. The poor little guy has only one eye. He has the sweetest personality and loves Metal Girl. We were thinking that he might be a stray and in need of our help. I had planned on taking him to the veterinarian.
Well, the next day his Mommy showed up. We're pretty sure that his Mommy is the neighbor's cat who we've seen on their doorstep wearing a collar. Then the following day, his sister dropped in. Then today another one who looks like the Mommy's twin arrived! Oh no....suddenly there's a cat family visiting with us.
It wouldn't have been so bad except that they're under our feet all the time. We have been feeding them, too, because we just couldn't let them starve in the cold weather. We thought that it was two cats that we were feeding, but now we see four or five hanging out!
Well, our neighbors just got back. Metal Mark took the kids out on a walk and the first two cats followed him out the road and didn't come back. And those were the two sweetest ones. I think that they are all probably barn cats that the neighbors were feeding. So I'm not sure if we're going to have to take one or two or what. We really can't handle the whole group of them since we already have two indoors! Poor things. I especially like the one-eyed kitty. He is the most loving. We'll have to see who shows up tomorrow.
Metal Girl has been especially bad lately. I'm not sure why. We got out today for a long walk, and she played at the park. I thought that playing outdoors would help, but she seemed even worse after that. I hear her getting in trouble as I speak. I'm not sure what's going on. Tomorrow is going to be boring because I plan in having "Poopapalooza" day. I'm going to put her in regular undies instead of the pull-up diaper to encourage her to use the potty. She has gotten very lazy with trying to use the potty, and I haven't been putting all my efforts into getting her to try. I did find a cheap Easter themed game that I put up on a shelf & told her that she could play it only when she poops in the potty. She got mad and cried because she wanted it, so maybe this will work. I'm extremely tired of changing big stinky poops. All you parents out there with young babies.... toddler poop is pretty disgusting. I don't know how it's possible, but I think that a toddler can poop as much as an adult. I feel bad because I sometimes gag when changing her diaper. Lately I've been saying "Ugh! This is gross!" and she will answer "Ewww! Let me see it!!"
Isn't that lovely? Keep us in your thoughts as we work on potty training. The ironic thing is that Metal Boy takes his diaper off every time he wets it! He is also very interested in the potty and wants to sit on it. But he will pull off his diaper and go on the floor, so I ended up putting the Princess pull-ups on him today. What a day! What a week!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sophia does pretty good with peeing on the potty now, but she is scared to poop there. I usually make a big deal out of her pooping in her diaper, hoping that it will discourage her, but so far it has not. She too is interested in seeing the poop. What is that about???