Sunday, August 27, 2006

Groggy Bloggy

I'm finally getting a chance to post! Mr. Pudge has been getting me up during the night again...usually once, but sometimes twice...for a nighttime feeding. He usually doesn't want very much, so it may be his teething waking him up. He's having some quiet time right now chewing on a bathtime book.

I had trouble sleeping besides the baby waking me up. My mom hasn't sent anything for MB...no card or anything...and he's 7 and 1/2 months old! It really is strange and hard for me to understand. I don't care about material things, but a card would have been special and nice. I kept poor MM up last night discussing this. He doesn't judge other people, so he helped me feel better about it. MM is one of the fairest minded people I know.

We've been talking about taking a trip to see my family down South, but think that it would be extra difficult taking a baby that far. Plus, we wouldn't have enough time to take off from work for such a long trip right now. My brother is expecting a baby next Spring, so we'd definitely like to come in after little one arrives. I really would like for my kids to get to know my family.

Well, that's about it. I'm still a little sad about my mom. I know that she cares, but she's not so good at long distance communication. She gets sad because we don't live closer to each other. Oh well.

On the bright side of things, we're really enjoying our kids. They're just so funny. They love each other. MB laughs big belly laughs at MG. It really cracks us up. MB continues to roll in order to get places. He sometimes scoots on his tummy, too.

I took them to the storytime at the library last week, and MB loved it. He likes for me to hold him up while he bounces his legs on the floor. He likes to dance or bounce to music. After the storytime, MG played at the wooden train set. A set of triplets were playing with her and offered her some of the trains. MG smiled really big and said, "Thanks Kids!!" I thought that was so cute. She's been really good about saying "Thank you."

Well, I'd better go...gotta lot to do today! Hope yall have a great week!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I am with you on the mom thing. As you know, I go through the same sort of stuff with my mom. I understand that some people (like my mother and sister) don't have the funds to do the things that they should sometimes, but everybody has a piece of paper and a pen. Even a handwritten note or letter would be a keepsake.

It hurts when you don't even get an acknowledgement. My mom has known for over a month now that I am pregnant and has not called to congratulate me (well she did show up on caller ID, but did not leave a message).

Don't let it bother you or at least try not to. Maybe you should talk to her about it and let her know how you feel. Maybe she does not realize it is a problem.

As far as the long distance thing goes, you are still her daughter and MG an MB are her grandbabies, no matter how far away you are.