Saturday, August 12, 2006

Whenever I talk to my brother Andy on the phone, we end up reminiscing about growing up so close in age...like MG and MB. Since I'm the older sister, there were times when I was quite stinky to my brother. Right now, MG is so sweet to MB, but I wonder if there'll come a time when she gets him in trouble.

I used to tell Andy to do things, and he would do it! When we were about 8 and 9 years in age, he got a brand new bike for his birthday. I was jealous because my bike was a hand-me-down from a relative. First, I told him to drive it around the yard like a drunk person. He did that. Then I told him that it he peddled as fast as he could and headed straight into the tree trunk, he would roll right up the tree and back down again. So, he went really fast and rammed into the tree head on. The plastic fender on his new bike broke in two. Thank goodness he didn't get hurt! I can still remember Andy saying "She told me to do it!" and my grandmother saying "If she told you to jump off a bridge, would you do that too?"

A couple of days ago, MG gave MB a big hug. He thought that was so funny and kept letting out the biggest giggle every time she gave him a hug. It was so sweet.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I was mean to my sister at times, too. It is sort of a right of being an order sibling. Plus in my family the younger siblind got away with murder most of the time, so it was only right that I should be stinky sometimes. Besides it gives you something to talk about when you get older.

I am glad that MG is nice to her little bro. I can only hope that Sophia will be nice to her little bro/sis once he/she arrivesl

Mike said...

I am a lot older than my siblings (8 - 11 years) and I was more of a dad to them than a older brother sometimes. I didn't pick on them too much. My older sister on the other hand used to hate me, but now we're real close.