Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Battle of the Pudge

I think that one of the hardest things to deal with after having two babies is my flabby body and new aches and pains. I really try to avoid looking in the mirror except to fix my hair and makeup, and to make sure I don't have my shirt on backwards or something-which does happen sometimes. It's just proving to be hard to lose weight as easily as it used to be. I've never had much of a weight problem till now, so it's a little depressing.

Other than the pudginess issue, I'm really feeling happy. We had a fun July 4th day off from work. It was great to spend time MetalMark, Metalgirl and Metalboy. We stayed home and relaxed, and I think that was the best way we could have spent the day.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I really had problems after Sophia was born. I am portly to begin with so a few extra pounds goes a long way. I had a good deal of luck with Weight Watchers. I actually lost 55 lbs the year before Sophia was born (I excercised at the gym, too!)

I keep promising myself that I am not going to get as fat this pregnancy. So far, so good, but I am on vacation right now and I am eating everything in sight, but at least I am walking more.

Don't get too frustrated. I know that you will get where you want to be!

Jenn said...

I hear ya on the weight thing. Never had an issue till now. I only have one...I'm sure it will be even harder after #2. *sigh* I guess we just have to keep our resolve. It takes longer, but it will happen eventually if we keep on it.