Tuesday, July 18, 2006

We are the Chunk Muffins

Not only do I have to worry about my chunkiness, now I'm concerned about Mr. Chunk Muffin himself. At Metalboy's six month check-up today, we found out that he weighs just under 23 pounds!!!!!! That's quite big for his age. He's very adorable in all his chubbiness, but I don't want him to have weight problems later on. I do think that he'll thin out some once he gets mobile. His regular doctor has said not to be concerned about it, but we saw the Nurse practitioner today who thinks that we're feeding him too much.

We're having a heat wave right now. It feels pretty unbearable outside. I filled up Metalgirl's paddling pool last evening when it finally cooled down and got shady. She played in her pool and ate popsicles. She also got her first set of wheels over the weekend.... a shiny new red tricycle. She loves it and is trying to figure out the pedals. She grabbed her toy monkey, hopped on her trike, and said "Goin to the zoo!" and she drove over to the door and was trying to get out. Later she was riding around saying "I a big girl!" and "Thank you Daddy!" She's so funny.

I'm looking forward to our vacation coming up in a few weeks. I really feel the need to escape and get away from work. I've started feeling a bit burnt out. We're having some problems at work that's affecting my schedule, and that's getting old fast.

I'd better go now. Sorry my blogs are a little blah!!

5 comments:

Linda said...

I was at the pediatrician's today, too! Sophia weighed in at 26.75, but she is a light weight.

MB will definitely start to thin out once he starts moving around on his own. Besides chubby babies are so darn cute.

This heat is killing me, too!! Our air conditioning died this afternoon. What a day for this to happen. Somebody is coming for a look tomorrow, so hopefully things will be better soon. As for tonight Sophia and I are staying at my in-laws!

Mike said...

I'm sure he's go thru a groth spirt and his weight will even out.

Kids in pools aare cute as hell. My 9 month old daughter loves the pool, and playing in the bath.

It's been hot and humoid here too. Thankfully a storm came thru last night and cooled things off.

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenn said...

Stupid blogger ate my comment...lets try this again.

Chunky babies are adorable! I was a huge baby myself. 32 lbs at 10 months!! And now I'm only 5'1" and petite (or as petite as you can be with baby weight still hangin around from a 9 month old) But I never had weight problems (until I was pregnant). I wouldn't worry about it.

Oh, and can I make fun of my husband (above) real quick? "Humoid" WTF is a "Humoid"? LOL

ChristyTN said...

Linda- We'll have to have you over and let Sophia hold MB. MG sometimes wants him to sit on her lap...but not for long! It probably hurts!

I guess that all kids grow at different rates. MG has slowed down in growth and has slimmed down, too. She's actually fitting into some things that were snug on her before!

Mike and Jenn- Your little girl is a cutie! It really is such fun to watch them play, isn't it?! MB loves the pool and bath just like big siss. I gave them both a bath together the other day, and they had a ball splashing water everywhere and laughing at each other. They really entertain each other, so having two close together has its advantages...just incase you're thinking in that direction!! :)