Sunday, May 21, 2006

Super Mommy

It's hard to be Super Mommy. I feel very happy with how I'm taking care of the kids. I try to do fun developmental activities with them each day, I keep them fed and diapers changed. They both seem to be very happy. I'm pretty good about keeping the trash and diaper pails changed and having dinner ready by the time that Mark gets home. Those things are good, but that's where it ends. That's all I get done, it seems.

By the time work rolls around, I'm so tired. I probably shouldn't feel this tired, but I do anyway. Then my heart is not completely in my work, so I don't do the best that I can do. Then there's the list of chores that I didn't get to, but Mark does it. I try to start and change over the never-ending loads of laundry, but never never get it done. Mark ends up doing most of the other chores including folding and putting away the laundry. He's definitely a Super Hubby and Daddy, because he does all that after working full time shifts. He also does lots of activities with the kids (especially our wild toddler). He's always busy.

Well, after thinking it through, it's not so bad this way. I just need to work on a few areas... like cleaning. Ugh!!! It's difficult to feel like doing that when I'd rather have a little "fun" free time. We'll work it out I suppose.

On a strange but funny note, my hair is falling out. I've read that it can happen if you're breast feeding your baby. So my long dark hairs are turning up everywhere, so I'm always trying to sweep them up or pick them up off the carpet. At the same time, my little girl is having an adversion to finding any type of hair on the floor. (This includes cat fur) She will find it and yell out "Ewwww!!! Animal Hairs!!!!" or "EWWWW! Abner hairs!!!" or "EWWWWW! Tansy hairs!!!" (Those are our cats' names) She may even have a screaming fit if one of these offending hairs gets into her mouth... which somehow seems to happen a lot. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Anyway, I'd better go now and take care of the babies!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cristytn: Thanks for visiting my site!

RE: the hair loss, it's funny you mention it because some friends and I were talking about that yesterday. I don't have kids (yet!), but one of my friends, who is a mommy, was telling me and another friend, who is expecting, that you do NOT lose ANY hair when you're pregnant. SO, once you give birth and start breast feeding, all that excess hair comes out. Apparently it just takes you back to your pre-pregnancy thickness. So, this phenomenon is not unheard of!!

ChristyTN said...

Oh, that is interesting!! And come to think of it, I don't remember much hair falling out at all while I was pregnant.