Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Freakin Fudgesickles

Unfortunately I have become quite the potty mouth over the past several years. Most people do not know this negative thing about me because it's normally just at home. (Don't you say anything MM!) Sometimes I get so stressed out or upset and a foul word seems to perfectly vent that frustration. But now we have a little girl who repeats everything I say, so I am making a conscious effort to say "nicer" words to replace the bad ones. I know it must be working because when my toddler dropped something today, she said "Oh, shucks". It was very cute. Much cuter than the day that she dropped a stack of dish rags and said "Shit, shit, shit, shit!" (One "shit" for every dish rag).

I've really had to curb the "F" word. I'm very ashamed to say that I do say it sometimes. My Mom would think I was awful if she heard me. I've been turning the "F" word into "Fudgesickles" if I start to say it in front of the kids. So if you hear my toddler talking of fudgesickles, you'll know that she's really mad. Actually, I sometimes say "freakin fudgesickles".

I have to congratulate MM because he does not cuss often. Believe it or not, I'm the guilty one. Although, he is sometimes the one who makes me want to cuss...just kidding!! I am definitely changing that. When I was a kid, I got in trouble for saying "farted" because I heard my dad say it when we were out in the garden. I know that I went into the house and said "Daddy farted". My mom was not happy with my dad for teaching me that. Ah...the days when "fart" was a bad word.



6 comments:

Linda said...

Fart was a no-no when I was a kid, but that does not hold me back now. I have the mouth of a sailor. I have gotten better, though and usually when Sophia gets in trouble for swearing she has heard it from her daddy.

Unknown said...

I got in SO MUCH TROUBLE for saying "fart!"

Funny story: My husband's cousin has a 4 year old. He and his wife got called to pre-school the other day to talk to the teacher. Apparently little Taylor (she's the cutest kid with the blondest hair and bluest eyes...all innocent like) spilled paint on the ground and then yelled the F word so loud they heard it next door.

Cousin could barely contain laughter. He was proud that, at least, Taylor used it in the proper context. Cousin's wife wasn't so amused....

Pixie said...

LOL I remember the days Fart was a bad word too. I also used to get into trouble for calling people a pig or a cow hee.

Bar L. said...

I recently re-introduced the "F" word into my vocabulary and it's terrible! I hear my son say it (age 15) and then I started using it. It just doesn't seem to be as "bad" as it was when I was his age. Thanks for sharing this it made me stop and think...I really should clean up my vocab! Some of my friends would die if they heard me say it!

Jenn said...

Somehow my BIL & SIL both curse like crazy in front of their kids, and it's like they are immune to it. Then...I'll say Hell....and they are both like oooooooohh you said a bad word!!!!!

How'd they do that?

ChristyTN said...

Thanks for your comments!!