Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Traveling With Two

Hello everyone! This is the first chance I have had to take time to write. My youngest baby is just starting to sleep through the night... Hurrah for a little free time! I'm dying to flop into the bed too. I took both my children with me to run errands and to a doctor's appointment. It was challenging to manage a toddler and an infant at the same time.

Thank goodness I have a stroller for two. The baby's carseat carrier straps onto the stroller, and there's a platform and bench seat for the toddler to ride on. My toddler was wild and running around in circles in the doctor's office. Fortunately, the nurse got her to "help" push the buttons on the reclining examining chair.

Well, taking the kids out together was my big event of the day! The sad thing is that it caused my blood pressure to rise and gave me a headache. I'm sure it will get easier and more fun with practice!

5 comments:

:P fuzzbox said...

You might want to start packing NyQuil in your diaper bag. Nice to meet Mark's better half. Welcome to the 'sphere.

Jay Noel said...

I have a 5 year old and a 1 year old, so I can relate. However, being a male, I really avoid taking both of them with me...women are so much better at multi-tasking.

If I had both of them at the same time, I just know I'd forget about one of them.

Ben O. said...

Sent here from your hubbie's blog.

It is nice to get comments, so here goes.

I remember way back in August (not too long ago, actually) when I started this whole blogging thing. Little did I know back then that it would take over part of my life.

Good luck with that.

Ben O.

David Amulet said...

Again, welcome.

Perhaps you can tie your kids together at the wrist. That way they'll only have three hands to get into trouble with.

-- david

Amanda said...

I got the bright idea to take all 3 for pictures a few weeks ago... at the mall. Took me 35 minutes to get everyone changed into the dressy clothes, then over an hour to get pictures, then of course the hour wait for actually see them. They turned out so badly, I had a hard time choosing the Free 8x10 to take, because I didn't like any of them! Note to self... don't take a 5yr old, a 2 yr old and a 4 week old for photos alone. :)