Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Intentions

Here I am with some free time before midnight, and I'm not exhausted! I'm finally getting to post. It's nice after the crazy last two days. There's not much worse than a toddler with a bad cold. Metal Mark would probably say that there's not much worse than a crabby wife griping about it. It was pretty awful for a couple of days taking care of a sick child and an infant. Thank goodness things are better now! It feels great to get this time to write after such a horrible couple of days.

The bright spot during all this is that our baby started smiling this week! He grinned and squealed at me today. He's absolutely adorable. I think that's when I started feeling better. Maybe he was thinking "Ha ha... look at Mommy running around in circles".

In my last post I mentioned writing about the differences between living here in Maryland and living down South. Well, I'll start now. When I first started my job here, people couldn't understand me on the phone. I had such a strong accent and it sounded so foreign to some people. I help customers mostly by telephone, so it was interesting making myself understood. I actually had to spell out some of the words for people. I began pronouncing things differently to make myself understood, so now I've lost some of that southern accent...which is a little sad. When I visit family, though, it all comes back! I sure am homesick for a visit!

Now it's a minute past midnight, so I'd better go to sleep and check on baby. Thanks for reading my blog and goodnight!

3 comments:

:P fuzzbox said...

People up north do talk funny don't they.

Linda said...

I live about 1 hr 45 min from where I grew up. When I first moved here, I got the "you're not from around here, are you?" Apparently, a few words can make all of the difference. When I go back for a visit, it is so easy to fall back on old habits.

Your little guy would be cute even if he didn't smile, but I am glad it made you feel better.

Amanda said...

ooohh, I love those first smiles!