Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Terrible Twos

My daughter is definitely behaving as any child her age is expected to. She has entered the "terrible twos". She's so impulsive and tries every little idea that comes into her mind. Anything that she can climb, she'll do it. Last night she climbed up on top of a set of plastic storage bins, took off her shoe and beamed me in the nose with it. It hit so hard that I saw black for a few seconds. It cut my nose and made a bruise. I explained to her that throwing things can hurt people and that she had hurt Mommy badly. She cried, so I think that she understood that she did something wrong.

This all happened last evening around 7:30 pm. That seems to be the crazy hour at my house. The baby is usually screaming from gas pains and the toddler bouncing off the walls. That's when I start feeling panicky and saying things like this to myself-- "Is it going to be like this forever?" or "I'm losing my mind!!" Then it suddenly calms down and we all feel relief.

It's 9:14 am right now and both kids are still sleeping! This makes up for last night, I think. It looks like we might have a pretty day, so I'm going to take them out. I'm so glad that the weather is starting to warm up. Now we can find things to do to get some of that toddler energy spent.

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

It won't be that way forever...I promise. Some day they will get up and get dressed by themselves, and do all sorts of things to help you around the house. Ok, at least they will get dressed by themselves :)

ChristyTN said...

Thanks for your comments! My nose doesn't look so bad today! It's a little sore, but make-up covers it up.