Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Warped View of Money


Today was a little depressing since my hubby, and I have been discussing money. It's my least favorite thing to talk about. There was never much of it when I was growing up, so I learned to not even think about money. Anyway, this really is an area of argument between us, because he talks about it and I get quiet. I just hate worrying about money, so I avoid thinking about it altogether. There's something worse than being poor. I know. It's hard for me to explain what I mean or how I feel about it. I hate money. It's just paper and metal that we have to use to buy things. Money sucks.


I know that my view is a little irrational since we need money to take care of our kids and to have enough food to eat and to pay our bills. I don't know how my mom took care of me and my brothers on so little and without my dad's income. We were lucky to have family around us who helped us. My grandparents didn't have much, but they always provided us with garden vegetables including canned veggies in the winter. The love and care of extended family is what helped me to survive. I'll never forget that.


No comments: