Thursday, March 27, 2008

Not Writing

Do you ever have so much going on and so many feelings tumbling around that you find it difficult to write? That's the state that I've been in for months. I have been writing some poetry on my "secret" poetry blog more regularly... sometimes it is easier for me to write my feelings in poetry. :-)


What's been going on? Looking for a preschool for my daughter...this is going well, but I have to visit a couple to make the decision. Taking care of our cat whose injury looks much better. Trying to keep the kids from hurting each other. Twisting knots in my hair in my sleep because of stress. Dealing with the perpetual weirdness at work and trying to get to work without being late. This is difficult as you will see in my next paragraph.


I had just finished cooking dinner and Mark came in at 5:20. I have to get to work by 5:30 and it takes just exactly 10 minutes to get there driving fast. The next thing I know, MG has bumped my grandmother's bowl sitting on a counter top and it shatters on the floor. I have to leave it all to Mark to clean up feeling sad because it was the only thing that I had of my grandmother's. My fault because it should have been in a safer place. I managed to get to work only 5 minutes late despite all this. Now it's time to go home once again. Mark is very good.... he will probably have given the kids their baths. :-)

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

Wish I could send you a hug. Sorry about your grandmas bowl....you still have special memories of her. Mark is a gem.

PS
I hope you are not mad at me for saying I'd mail books and never doing it....they are stuck under my bed. I put the mattress and box spring OVER these plastic bins that have all the books in them....I should have told you that a month ago. I feel bad :(

ChristyTN said...

Hi Barbara :) That's ok about the books...I completely understand. Mark has bins packed full of CDs under our bed! Also, I remember that I have one other thing of my grandmother's that meant more to me than the bowl & it's unbreakable. It's a brass bell shaped like a lady (Southern Bell). She collected bells & it's something that I picked out for her myself when I was a little girl. :)