Thursday, January 01, 2009

Sometimes They Get Along!

Photobucket

I was so happy two days ago when I observed my kids playing a computer game together. MG was patiently teaching MB how to play the "Land Before Time" dinosaur game. They did this for about an hour. They've been bickering quite a bit lately, so it this was a nice break from that.

I think that it's been difficult because the cold weather is keeping us inside more. Sometimes I wonder if we should move somewhere warmer. I really don't like the cold. I do have more problems with depression in the Winter months. Maybe when the kids are a little older, we can learn how to snow shoe or something. I don't think that I want to learn to ski at this point, but snow shoeing sounds fun and like something we could do.

Another thing that's made it harder to find things to do is the money situation. We have to choose free things to do. The library programs are about the only free event that we can do around here. Maybe there's something else that I'm not thinking of.

We've got a few personal issues going on too. Crap at work. Also a close family member is having increased health problems... cancer. :0( It's a good thing that I started this post with the positive. We really did have a good Christmas, and I am grateful for my beautiful children.

1 comment:

HLiza said...

There will always be bad times.. I have to tell myself over and over again that I'm blessed in so many ways..sometimes when time is hard it's difficult to remember that. My elder kids only get along when they play computer games too..but sometimes I hear the yelling at each other in between that!

Hugs Christy!